Sunday, January 30, 2011

Daydreaming...

I don't know about you, but I daydream way too much.

I daydream about the thing I should have said. I daydream about how things are going to be in five years. Ten years. Twenty years. Fifty years.

But I mostly daydream about one thing: getting out of here.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with Opelika; but I have been here my entire life. I've seen the same faces year after year, the same streets day after day. I want to get in my car and drive somewhere else. Somewhere totally new where I don't know any faces and I've never seen the streets.

One of my main goals in life is to get the Rhodes Scholarship during my senior year at Auburn and go to England where (hopefully) I will work towards my master's degree in English. I looked at the statistics online, and only four people have ever received the prestigious honor while attending Auburn. So, the odds are definitely not in my favor. But I am willing to work and work and work and work for it. I am willing to pull an all-nighter four nights a week (or more), not have a social life, whatever it takes to make the grades to go to Oxford University. I mean, have you ever seen the campus? It's utterly and completely breathtaking, and I would give anything to study there. Not to mention the academic aspect; it's one of the most respected universities in the world. My heart beats faster just thinking about maybe, possibly, having a smidge of a change of going there. This was probably a really boring post, but it's been burned in the back of my mind for a while now.

After all...it's just a dream.

1 comment:

  1. I have many things to say about this post:
    1. It was totally not boring
    2. I can definitely see you getting that scholarship, you are so smart, it will probably just come naturally to you to get the grades to go there. and I totally cant wait until I get to tell people "HEY I KNEW THAT GIRL!"
    3. Hmmm, a place you've never seen..hmmm.. ever seen Tuscaloosa before? ;)

    ReplyDelete